Thursday, July 11, 2013

And I'm Not Even Fully Vegetarian

It occurs to me that my norms may be a bit out of whack.

Rooming with several yogis at a friend's house in St. Louis, we came home from the studio ravenous to find our host cooking his dinner. I got super excited looking into the pan and identifying the delicious smelling contents. 

"Texturized dehydrated vegetable protein! YUM!" I exclaimed.

I got an odd 'I would face-palm myself if I weren't holding this spatula' look. Then he informed me that I was looking at hamburger meat.

Whoops.


When I first was introduced to dehydrated vegetable protein I called it, "de-homogenized, re-homogenized, texturized, veggie crap" because who names food like that?!? At this point it's a fairly normal part of my diet.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment