She came across the idea when she graciously housed a couple of my yogi friends and I who happened to be in St. Louis for a yoga seminar. For the week-long event each yogi had a single backpack.
She was remarking on our ability to consolidate our gear to the bare essentials when we produced a giant Vitamix blender from one of our packs. Im pretty sure it looked like we were pulling a lamp from the Mary Poppins bag.
Just the essentials, folks.
She was a little perplexed that a second t-shirt was considered non-essential but the blender, well, that HAD to go with us.
We are not unusual. Yogis traveling via plane call ahead to see who is bringing a Vitamix. Crash-pads are established by who owns a Vitamix. Vitamixes are the proverbial office water-cooler around which we gather.
So, yes, I am excited. Like, new car excited.
Here are the reasons I am excited:
- Participation in the ritual of packing a Vitamix + a weeks worth of travel-gear in a single backpack.
- No more chunky smoothies!
- There is something you do with grains in these things. Im not sure what, but there is a cookbook included. I look forward to getting my naughty-carb on.
- Raw Power!
- Cleaning without taking up the whole dishwasher; a drop of soap, turn the blender on, done!
- No more poking at kale with a chopstick to get the bits moving.
- No more, "Ka-CHUNK!" as the chopstick gets caught in the blade.
- No more eating bits of chopstick. (Im sure that will make them taste better!)
- A SEVEN year warranty.